Monday, November 7, 2011

Made to Crave - Week 4 - Day 2

Week 4 - Day 2

I love a good word study and there was a great one right there in today's workbook!

pg 93 Jesus doesn't remove Paul's struggles, but He does give Paul a promise:
2Corinthians 12:9 ..."My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Grace: divine love, favor, or assistance; mercy; loving-kindness

Sufficient: enough to meet the needs of a situation; adequate; plenty

Power: great or marked ability to do or act; authority; control; strength; influence; supremacy

Perfect: being entirely without fault or defect; lacking no essential detail; ideal; complete; just right

Weakness: lacking strength; feebleness; frailty; failing; limitation; disadvantage

pg 94 the word he uses for "rest" refers to a structure such as a tent, a tabernacle, or a dwelling...a dwelling place in which divine strength doesn't merely come and go but actually takes up residence.

That power is always there right within your grasp, all you need to do is reach for it and ask for it to overcome your weakness.  Overwhelming isn't it!  I personally experienced this concept when I overcame the temptation for a bag of chips.  As soon as I asked for God to help me, the temptation was gone! 

Truly it was - I went from being so distracted by the temptation that I could barely concentrate on working, to sending a desperate text message to bible study group asking for prayer, to being reminded to stand firm on God's Word. When I started reciting some of my memory verses, the temptation was gone!!!!  All I can do is praise God and His perfect Word.

No comments: